CCIEF > Scholarship Program
The purpose of the Scholarship program is to promote education through the Credit Institute of Canada by providing financial support to students in pursuit of the CCP (Certified Credit Professional) designation. Scholarship available is valued up to $2000 CAD and may be applied across several courses over a period of one calendar year from date of award. There are a total of four Scholarship awards available each calendar year, awarded by region*. Scholarship funds are applied directly to the course of studies selected by the successful applicant and directed to the Credit Institute in the name of the Scholarship recipient.
Applications will be considered once the following eligibility requirements are met:
- There is a financial need for the scholarship
- Applicants employer does not reimburse tuition/course costs
- Applicant has at least two years experience in the credit/financial field with a long term goal in the credit or financial management field(s)
- Applicants must be willing to become, or already involved with their local Credit Institute chapter and committed to completing all courses to obtain the CCP designation
- Applicant participates in local community or volunteer program and will provide a letter of reference
- Open to Canadian residents only. Must be eligible to work in Canada and a Canadian resident and/or citizen
- Must be willing to provide Social Insurance Number for Tax purposes if Scholarship is awarded
- Application forms are completed in their entirety and postmarked by the application deadline
Download CCIEF Scholarship Application Package
*Four Scholarships are awarded, one per region** as follows: Western (West of ON), Central (ON, PQ ), Maritimes and one scholarship to the Credit Basics program (Canada wide).
**CCIEF reserves the right to distribute Scholarships regardless of student geographic location or region. If a successful candidate is not found in one region that Scholarship may be distributed in another region. Scholarships are distributed at the sole discretion of the CCIEF committee.